MEET KELLY BAGLA
I had the pleasure of working with Kelly Bagla on the sale of one of my businesses. Not only was…READ MORE
I’ve known Kelly for over 10 years and she is a very professional and knowledgeable attorney. I know that I…READ MORE
I just opened up a Commercial Cleaning Company and needed some superb legal advice. Kelly was my number one draft…READ MORE
Within just a few hours of working with Kelly, I had solved problems and answered questions that had stressed me…READ MORE
Legal Protection with Class. Excels at business formation and asset protection that keeps you out of trouble when it comes….READ MORE
Kelly was amazing in helping me with my business formation and filing my trademark. I have been looking for a…READ MORE
Kelly was amazing. A combination of professionalism and charisma. She made me feel at ease throughout the entire process and…READ MORE
You Know Your Business. We Know the Law.Providing superior legal advice for businesses at any stage of their Legal Lifecycle
- 2OctAs we are nearing the holiday session, there is no clear date for businesses and activities to fully reopen across the United States and California. More and more attention has been given to what protections...2SepWe are living during a strange time in history. In a matter of a few short months, our way of life has changed on a global scale. Businesses have had to change the way they operate in response to the coronavirus epidemic and it is certain that because of these changes things will never be the same.
- 4AugFerrari is notoriously protective of anything and everything that bears even a remote connection to the Ferrari brand and has, along the years, earned a reputation for being quick to fire cease and desists and...1Jul
As we celebrate the greatest country on earth – AMERICA, great businesses also should be celebrated, as some companies seem able to weather any storm – the dream of a true entrepreneur.
- 10MayBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. CHESS – A GAME OR REALITY? If you want to learn about running a successful business then you’ll find no better teacher than a chess board. Chess is a game of...21FebBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. Margaret Thatcher once famously said, “If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.” The number of female founders and owners of businesses has...
- 21FebBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. With each new year, entrepreneurs look to turn their vision into a business. These startups are often overflowing with tremendous ideas, energy and optimism, but don’t always have a roadmap for...21FebBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. California has done it again, making it even harder for independent contractors and freelancers to make a living in the State of California. Last year the California Supreme Court announced a...
- 21FebBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. Intellectual property law impacts every business, whether you know it or not. For example, the moment a name is used in relation to your business, your goods or services, certain trademark...1OctBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. No matter what type of business you run, you must comply with federal, state and local statues and regulations administered by legislative bodies and carried out by regulatory agencies. Some regulations...
- 1SepBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. As a business attorney, the number one question I am asked is: “Should I be an LLC or an S-Corporation?” The business structure, in terms of the legal entity you choose...1AugBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. Contrary to popular belief, money does not grow on trees. If you want to start your own business but do not have the funding, you can still get it off the...
- 1JulBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. As a business attorney, I frequently encounter disputes between business partners, which can be easily avoided. Even the best of friends or close family friends should create and sign a business...1JunBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. It doesn’t take much these days to start your own website. In just a few simple steps and without ever learning a single word of code you can use intuitive website...
- 1MayBy Kelly Bagla, Esq. When it comes to starting a business, you might be a pro, but what about when it comes to working through all the legal issues you must consider as an entrepreneur...3Apr
April is designated as the Month of the Military Child, underscoring the important role military children play in the armed forces community.
The Month of the Military Child is a time to applaud military families and their children for the daily sacrifices they make and the challenges they overcome.
- 3Apr[img src=”/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/04/Homeland-cover.png” class=”aligncenter”] Starting and running your own business can be incredibly rewarding, but it is also inherently risky. Maybe you’re doing something entirely new and putting your money, time and dreams on the line...5Feb[img src=”/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/02/Get-It-In-Writing-feature.png” class=”aligncenter”] With agreements being the cornerstone of most business arrangements, I am surprised by the number of business owners who continue to ignore the importance of putting it in writing – that’s right,...
- 2Aug[img src=”/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/08/cover.jpg” class=”aligncenter”] Fact: People with military experience tend to make excellent entrepreneurs. Starting a business involves planning, making key financial decisions, and completing a series of legal activities. If you are a veteran or...6MayWhat do Amazon, the Walt Disney Co. and Apple have in common? Believe it or not, these iconic, mega-sized companies all started out as home-based businesses. For most entrepreneurs, this is a common—and best—starting point...
- 3MayHaving been a start-up lawyer and entrepreneur, I have been asked many of the following questions over the years from entrepreneurs when starting their company.28MarWe all overlook stupid stuff once in a while. That’s why professionals in many fields use checklists to help them do their jobs with greater confidence.
- 9FebAs a San Diego business attorney, I am frequently asked: “What type of business should I be?” It generally depends on what kind of business you want to conduct. The type of business entity should reflect the kind of business you do.9JanAs a San Diego business attorney, I am frequently asked: “What type of business should I be?” It generally depends on what kind of business you want to conduct. The type of business entity should reflect the kind of business you do.
- 10OctFor many individuals, self-employment as an independent contractor can be a rewarding and satisfying career option. As is true with any employment relationship you enter, it’s important to understand the roles and responsibilities of everyone...10OctIn the months leading up to opening a business, there are hundreds of questions that come up. It’s part of the process to have questions that you want answered; it means your mind is dedicated...
- 10OctAs an attorney involved with startups, I have seen plenty of legal mistakes made by entrepreneurs and startup companies. The following are some of the more common and problematic legal mistakes we have seen. NOT...10OctWhen it comes to creating a business plan that attracts investors, these tips will help you get it right the first time. Every business should have a business plan. Unfortunately, despite the fact that many...
- 10OctWhen you come up with an amazing idea for a new product, service, or anything else really, it’s a very exciting time. Having your very own startup is probably the most exciting time of your...10OctAs a private business owner, you know that every major decision required careful thought and preparation; and what bigger decision is there than deciding to sell your business? To sell your business is not as...
- 10OctBusiness owners who have other partners, members, or shareholders need to consider what will happen to their ownership interest on retirement, death, divorce, or permanent disability. The same is true for co-owners of major investment...10OctFor those of you who have not already started a business, or are trying to figure out how best to start your business, this article will help you learn the 8 steps of the process....
- 9OctOne of the biggest advantages to incorporating a business is the Owners enjoy protection from being held personally responsible for the debts and liabilities of the corporation. A “Corporate Veil” is created between the Owner’s personal assets and [...]9OctThe limitations of sole proprietorships. Many small business owners launch their companies as sole proprietorships. This means that you and your business are essentially one and the same. This also means that your assets and those of the business are also one and the same and [...]
- 9OctMany small business owners launch their companies as sole proprietorships in which they and their businesses are essentially one and the same. However, changing the format of a small business to a corporation can offer personal protection in case debts or […]8Jun
In my extensive work with small businesses I have found a number of common legal issues that come up over and over again. This list describes the problems and options to avoid each. No formal [...]
An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: Is Your Business in Compliance with the CA Healthy Workplace Healthy Family Act of 2014?
The California Healthy Workplaces Healthy Families Act of 2014 is now fully in effect, providing paid sick leave to employees as well as significant potential for liability for employer [...]8Jun
As an owner of a small business, the danger of crippling litigation should be at the top of your priorities. Legal headaches can take you by surprise and severely hurt your bottom line. Here are [...]
- 23MarWe enjoy the process of creating a theme from its start to its end – from a sparkling design idea, to the very release..21MarCMSMasters Studio is a team of professionals. Every member of our team has spent many hours polishing professional skills and earning a unique experience in the spheres of website design, wordpress development.